Palomino Performance Program
The Palomino Performance Program is designed to reward registered Palomino Horse Breeders of America horses for their outstanding performance in other associations and events.
This program is intended to reach the palomino horse market that does not participate in PHBA sanctioned horse shows.
- Enrollement in the PPP will increase marketability of the horse.
- Members will be able to show in their own recognized associations.
- Members will receive awards for their achievements.
- The horse must be registered with PHBA.
- The exhibitor/owner must be current member(s) of PHBA.
- The enrollment form MUST be completed and sent to the PHBA office for each year of participation. A yearly $15.00 (non-refundable) enrollment fee must be paid.
- Applicable year is Janaury 1 to December 31 of the current year.
- One report card must be filled out for each show.
- One report card can be used for multiple PHBA horses participating in one show.
- The show secretary or show manager must inspect the PHBA registration papers.
- The show office must fill out placing received and number of entries in the class.
- The show official must sign the report card and state the position he/she holds.
- The report card must be postmarked no later than thirty (30) days after the show or event. EXCEPTION: December report cards must be submitted by January 10.
- Only PHBA recognized classes can be used in point count
Levels of Achievement
- Recognition – 25 points
- Achievement – 65 points
- Excellence – 100 points
A certificate will be mailed for the recognition and achievement awards. An appropriate award will be given at the annual PHBA convention for the Excellence award.
In order for PHBA to include the event in the PPP, the competition must be sponsored by an association, organization or affiliate that has an established record keeping, governing body, and a representative who will sign a verification form.
The competition shows may include, but are not limited to those approved by the following associations or their respective state and regional association events.
- AMHA – American Holsteiner Horse Association
- AMHA – American Morgan Horse Association
- AQHA – American Quarter Horse Association
- APHA – American Paint Horse Association
- ASHA – American Saddlebred Horse Association
- ApHC – Appaloosa Horse Club
- AHHA – Arabian Horse Association (AHR or IAHA)
- IMR – International Morab Registry
- JC – Jockey Club
- NBHA – National Barrel Horse Association
- NCHA – National Cutting Horse Association
- NHRSA – National High School Rodeo Association
- NHJA – National Hunter and Jumper Association
- NRHA – National Reining Horse Association
- NRCHA – National Reined Cow Horse Association
- NSBA – National Snaffle Bit Association
- WPHA – Mountain Pleasure Horse Association
- MFTHBA – Missouri Fox Trotting Horse Breed Association
- RMHA – Rocky Mountain Horse Association
- PRCA – Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association
- IHSA – Intercollegiate Horse Show Association
- UQR – United Quarab Registry
- USDF – United States Dressage Foundation
- USCTA – United States Combined Training Association
- USEF – US Equestrian Federation
- WPRA – Women’s Professional Rodeo Association