The Palomino Performance Program (P3) recognizes, on an annual basis, the PHBA members and PHBA registered horses, including Palomino-Bred, participating in a variety of competitive venues outside of PHBA accredited shows.
- The points accrued through P3 will become part of the horse’s permanent record
- Members receive awards for their achievements
- Enrollment in P3 will increase the marketability of the horse
- Members will be able to show in their own recognized associations
How do I get started?
- The horse must be registered with PHBA
- The exhibitor/owner must be current member(s) of PHBA
- The nomination form must be completed and sent to the PHBA office for each year of participation. A yearly $20 (non-refundable) enrollment fee must be paid.
- Applicable year is January 1 to December 31 of the current year.
Can I enroll on more than one horse?
- Yes, the points are based on the member/horse combination.
How/where can I earn points?
- The competition must be sponsored by an association, organization or affiliate that has an established record keeping governing body and a representative who will sign a verification form. National organizations and their state and regional affiliations certainly qualify as do local clubs and organizations.
- Only PHBA recognized classes can be used to earn points.
How do I report my points?
- One report card must be filled out for each show. If needed, you can use one report card for multiple nominated PHBA horses participating in the one show.
- The show official must sign and verify the placings and number of entries.
- The report card must be postmarked no later than thirty (30) days after the show/event. Exception: December report cards must be submitted by January 10.
- Points will be accrued annually.
|# of Horses in Class||Placing|
|15 and over||6||5||4||3||2||1|
Levels of Achievement:
- Recognition—25 points
- Achievement—65 points
- Excellence—100 points
A certificate will be mailed for the Recognition and Achievement awards. An appropriate award will be given at the annual PHBA convention for the Excellence award.
Please see the nomination form for details and specific information needed.