We are excited to see the PHBA National Delegates and members in Springfield, IL next week! The 2020 PHBA National Convention is proceeding as scheduled.
PHBA has been in direct contact with management at the President Abraham Lincoln Doubletree Springfield, monitoring the information being reported by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and the risk assessment to travel. We are diligently watching this situation and, if circumstances change, we will swiftly notify all members of the board of directors and pre-registered convention attendees.
The CDC and Hilton have posted some very practical prevention actions that many times we all take for granted. We are reminded to do a better job of keeping ourselves and the people around us safer from any illness. These everyday practices will not only help reduce the risk of infection of the coronavirus, but for any virus, including the more common influenza virus.
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water, if hands are visibly dirty.