Challenged Horseman at PHBA World Show
Must Be A Dream – Reyna Taylor – CHP Walk Trot Golden Horseman 2016
Palos Sondee – John McKenzie and Ima Gold Cadillac – Clark Tompkins
CHALLENGED HORSEMAN WORLD SHOW CLASS RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- Open to challenged riders of any age.
- Open to all breeds of horses.
- Horses do not have to be registered with the PHBA or any other breed registry.
- All horses must have a current 12-month negative Coggins, 30-day health certificate.
- Owners/Exhibitors must report to the stalling office upon arriving to the Horse show to have their health papers and coggins papers checked. At that time they will be given paperwork to present to the show office to receive the official back number will be given to the Exhibitor to wear into the arena while exhibiting their horse.
- There are no entry fees for these classes. Exception: NSBA Dual Approved Classes
- Attire should be as described in the Challenged Horseman Rules in the PHBA Handbook.
- Protective headgear is optional, but recommended by PHBA. The adult handler does not have to wear matching attire or headgear.
- Each exhibitor must complete and return the CHP Special Diagnosis Form to the PHBA office prior to showing in a Challenged Horseman’s class.
PLEASE SEE PHBA HANDBOOK FOR COMPLETE CHALLENGED HORSEMAN’S RULES AND GUIDELINES
CHALLENGED HORSEMEN GOLDEN HORSEMEN AWARD’S
Unassisted Walk/Trot Golden Horseman Award
Exhibitors must enter and show in at least 3 of the 6 classes to be eligible for the title of Challenged Horseman’s Walk/Trot Golden Horseman award. The eligible classes are as follows:
- Unassisted Walk/Trot
- Unassisted Walk/Trot Showmanship
- Unassisted Walk/Trot Hunt Seat Equitation
- Unassisted Walk/Trot Hunter Under Saddle
- Unassisted Walk/Trot Horsemanship
- Unassisted Walk/Trot Trail
The horse/rider team accumulating the most points in the WCHS will win this award. The horse/rider team will receive one point for each horse placing below them plus one point. Points are calculated through tenth place. Should a tie occur, the winner would be the horse/rider team earning points in the greatest number of events. Additional ties will be broken in favor of the horse/rider team with the most first place awards. Should a tie still occur, the winner will be determined by the flip of a coin. All horse/rider teams must comply with the PHBA Challenged Horseman’s Program Rules.
Unassisted Walk/Trot/Lope Golden Horseman Award
Exhibitors must enter and show in at least 3 of the 5 classes to be eligible for the title of Challenged Horseman’s Walk/Trot/Lope Golden Horseman award. The eligible classes are as follows:
- Unassisted Walk/Trot/Lope
- Unassisted Walk/Trot/Lope Showmanship
- Unassisted Walk/Trot/Lope Hunt Seat Equitation
- Unassisted Walk/Trot/Lope Hunter Under Saddle
- Unassisted Walk/Trot/Lope Horsemanship
- Unassisted Walk/Trot/Lope Trail