QUALIFICATIONS AND RULES
- Riders/Drivers are required to be PHBA, PHBA-A, PHBA-Y members.
- One time enrollment fee of $25.00–(Fee change from $15.00), non-refundable, for each equine/rider or driver combination.
- Recreational Riding Program is open to any equine; including mules, ponies and horses. EXCEPTION: PHBA Challenged Horseman participants may log hours on any horse, regardless of registration status.
- Each rider/driver must keep an accurate log of hours spent riding or driving. Log sheets are to be returned to PHBA, and PHBA will record achievements.
- Hours must be kept on an official PHBA Log Sheet, with: Breed Registry Name, Horse Name, Horse Number, Member Name, and PHBA ID Number. Only one log sheet per horse/driver combination.
- Hours may be logged on more than one equine. Separate log sheets must be used for each additional horse/rider or driver combination, with an additional fee of $15.00. EXCEPTION: PHBA Challenged Horseman participants logged hours will accumulate on all horses that are ridden by these individuals. The additional $15.00 horse fee will not be applicable.
- There is no time limit for completion of a level of achievement, however; continuous membership, PHBA, PHBA-A, or PHBA-Y must be attained to receive awards.
LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT
- 50 Hours–PHBA Certificate of Completion
- 100 Hours–PHBA Certificate of Completion
- 250 Hours–PHBA Certificate of Completion
- 500 Hours–PHBA Certificate of Completion
- 1000 Hours–PHBA Certificate of Completion
- 1500 Hours–PHBA Certificate of Completion
- 2000 Hours–PHBA Certificate of Completion
- 5000 Hours–PHBA Certificate of Completion
SPONSORS: The following items will apply when sponsors are secured for any and all Awards.
- 5000 Hours–Belt Buckle Sponsor
- Sponsor will sign a sponsor contract with PHBA.
- Belt Buckle design will be finalized by the Sponsor and the PHBA Executive Board.
- If a company is chosen to supply the belt buckle, and is not a PHBA Sponsor, authorization for the use of the PHBA Logo must be obtained from the PHBA Executive Board.
The Recreational Riding Program is designed for Recreational Riders/Drivers. Awards will not be retroactive, however; Awards will be available for purchase through PHBA.