What an exciting World Show we just had in Springfield…lots of beautiful golden horses, smiling faces, some unusual rain showers, but mild temperatures. Some highlights to mention:
- 35th Anniversary of PHBA-A with giveaways in all their classes, the $50,000 BAG added money in all their halter classes, buckles for the Hi-Point Ranch Horse in all Am divisions, and special activities outside the showring.
- 80th Anniversary of PHBA with giftbags for all exhibitors, welcome reception by the Springfield Chamber, daily videos promoting showring activities, some of the vendors and various activities on the grounds, and the three Premier classes sponsored by WCHA with $300 Gift Cards for each winner.
- Youth exhibitors were treated to a very special year of multiple donations for class giveaways, great YE awards presentation after tending to the business of PHBA-Y, fun activities including the Pie-in-the-face contest, a super Kick-Off Bash, a Pizza Party courtesy of PHB Heritage Foundation, and the very first Youth Premier Halter classes for Geldings and for Mares thanks to WCHA with special base for the vases and $300 Gift Cards.
- The show itself was tremendous with these unofficial numbers, 346 horses utilized 422 stalls with a possible record setting 2,414 entries! Thank You to every single owner, exhibitor, trainer and all their help getting ready to show! Growth was seen in so many classes, some having to be split due to increased numbers!
- The Capital Campaign-Phase 1 Goal of $50,000 to replace the outdated computer system was completed with donations from six (6) sources, including Terry & Tammy Bradshaw!
- The Cattle Classic WS held in Tulsa had a record-setting $4,500 of added monies!
Please savor these awesome memories and plan to come again in 2022, as there are some new things being added…Youth Halter winner buckles, $100,000 BAG money and more!
Enjoy looking through the pages in this issue, PHBA is having an Art Sale just in time to plan for APA Year-End awards, to shop early for Christmas or a Birthday, or simply a special friend in your life. Order forms are included with pricing. All sales will fund the Capital Campaign–Phase 2 for the annual fees associated with keeping the new computer system current to our needs.
Thank You is a small phrase but means so much as we honor all the wonderful sponsors, advertisers and the product donations received across all divisions of the 2021 World. Check out the list; shop where you can!
Thank you to all of you,
Mimsi Roe Coon
2021-22 PHBA President